May 4, 2015 Okay, so I’ve heard this before, but my kids are excited about it this year. They wanted to wear the shirts, but didn’t get them ordered in time. Oh well, any Star Wars shirt will do today. So get your “geek” on! Star Wars, the stories and characters, has been a big part of my family since even before the first movie was released back in May of 1977. My brother read the books first! I can hardly remember going to see the movies, but I do remember the huge Star Wars logo appearing to booming music at the beginning, and the words of the story sliding back into the screen and disappearing into space. It was a pretty big thing back then, as it continues to be today. My favorite character was, and still is, Yoda. Willy can talk just like him. Yoda is so wise, and patient, and well, just so adorable, but in a tough sort of way! Second best would be the Ewoks…. again, tough but cute! The stories are good, if you can keep track. I get so confused. I had to ask Willy lots of questions long ago, and then later my kids. Darn it, why can’t I keep those Storm Troopers straight? Are they good or are they bad? When the new movies came out, I was even more confused. I guess I’m just not Star Wars “geek” smart. But I enjoy watching the movies and, of course, cannot wait until Number 7 comes out in December. Rebecca showed me two teaser trailers just the other day. I hadn’t seen them yet. She’s soooo excited! Some Star Wars related memories for me are:
- Standing in the long lines at the theaters.
- The music, of course!! John Williams rocks, right Jon?
- People dressed up as characters, and it’s not that weird!
- My kids seeing the movies for the first time.
- Being so confused!!
- My kids in costume – Michael was a Clone Trooper, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett. Rebecca was Padme.
- Michaels’ Star Wars birthday party.
- All the books Michael had to have and read.
- The Star Wars Concert! And all of the displays… amazing!
- Michael’s collection of Star Wars Pez dispensers.
- The Star Tours ride at Disneyland (which made me a little sick the last time I was there)
- Still confused!
- Michael and his light sabers (he even built some of is own)
- The Star Wars exhibit at the Tech (the kids went).
- The Star Wars concert in the campus at SJSU with roaming characters.
- The excitement and happiness in my children’s faces!!
Hope you enjoyed my little trip through the galaxy of Star Wars memories! No matter if you are a Star Wars fan or not…… May the Force be With You!
PS Happy Birthday, Kalisha!